Opportunities For Learning is an accredited Public Charter School serving at-risk middle and high school students on their path to a high school diploma. Our students tend to be concentrated in the most “at-risk” groups including large numbers of socio-economically challenged, ethnic minorities, and pregnant and parenting teens and students who are not attending school or who have dropped out.
Accountability and API Score
All OFL Charters’ API scores are an average of 100 points higher than alternative schools in the district in which we operate:
- OFL Capistrano 771
- OFL Hermosa Beach 728
- OFL William S. Hart 703
- OFL Baldwin Park 696
- OFL Baldwin Park 2 646
California High School Exit Exam Results
· In comparison to peer schools, OFL CAHSEE passage rates are an average 10-20% higher in English Language Arts and 5-10% higher in Math.
· In comparison to the state average, OFL Hispanic student’s CAHSEE passage rates are 20% higher in English Language Arts.
· OFL students who are socio-economically disadvantaged have a 15% higher CAHSEE passage rate in English Language Arts than the state average for the same subgroup.
· OFL’s Baldwin Park Charter serving students in Long Beach, Compton and South Los Angeles had a 156 point gain since 2006.
· OFL’s William S. Hart Charter scored a rating of 10 out of a possible 10 in similar schools ranking by the California Department of Education.
OFL successfully recovered over 8,000 students last year by graduating or returning them to their schools.